The Boston Marathon Bombing could be one of the most tragic events in US history. Two bombers, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, set off bombs at the finish line, killing a hand full of people and injuring hundreds.
While watching the aftermath, I couldn’t help but think to myself, “I’ve never seen anything this crazy in my life!” When you think of terrorist attacks, unfortunately you think of an arab man dressed in cloth screaming “Death to Americans.” Or you think of a white man whose anti-government views always seem to make there way into conversation. This one is different. I remember 9/11 and everything that came with it. 9/11 painted a picture of what “terrorists” were supposed to look and act like, but nothing about them said Jay-Z fan.
Here is a list of 5 things I’ve learned from the Boston Marathon Bombing:
1. Terrorists Are On Twitter: The bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has an active twitter page and had been gaining followers by the thousands every hour. His friends and family are even tweeting to him in real time as Police scour Boston trying to find him.
2. Jay Z Even Influences Terrorists – Jay Z was just named one of TIME Magazine’s most influential people and for good reason. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, one of the bombers quoted Jay Z on his twitter page:
Ain’t no love in the heart of the city, stay safe people
— Jahar (@J_tsar) April 16, 2013
He also tweeted Eminem lyrics:
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got somethin to say but nothin comes out when they move their lips; just a bunch of gibberish
— Jahar (@J_tsar) April 17, 2013
3. All Terrorists aren’t Arab or White Men: The two Boston Marathon Bombers Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, were from a Russian region near Chechnya and has lived in America for most of their lives.
4. Public Open Events Are Impossible To Police: The Boston Marathon was 26 miles of open running space. Police and authorities dont have the manpower to police 26 miles of open space. Festivals and simliar events should be policed differently because of the Boston Marathon Bombing.
5. Even Good Guys Turn Bad: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the second bomber was known as a “Good Kid” and even received a $2,500 college scholarship from the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 2011. He was also an all star wrestler who had plans on studying medicine.
Boston Marathon Explosion Photos
1. 11 of 5
2. ap9919961199692 of 5
3. ap8137987852603 of 5
4. ap8092582931574 of 5
5. ap9461127801605 of 5
Help Old School 100.3 Get To 50,000 Likes!