Tyler Perry is having conversations with Paramount Global about the purchase of a majority stake in BET Media Group.
Perry, 53, already owns a minority stake in the company. He has a long history with both BET and Paramount, which could help with the purchasing process should the two sides decide to move forward. Both companies have played significant roles in Perry’s entertainment career, with BET helping to fund Perry’s ‘Diary of a Mad Black Woman’ nearly 20 years ago.
Paramount, like most TV entertainment companies, has been making a lot of moves lately. If they move forward with Perry it could help in their desire to continue the rebrand of Paramount + and Pluto TV, the ad-supported streaming service that also falls within the Paramount umbrella.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Earlier this year, Paramount announced it would be rebranding both Showtime’s linear and streaming platforms as Paramount+ With Showtime, folding the iconic brand into its priority streamer Paramount+. The move has already led to significant leadership changes and layoffs across the company.
Representatives for Paramount Global and Perry did not immediately respond to request for comment.
To finish the report from Variety, [click here].
- [CLICK HERE] To Purchase Tickets to See Rick Ross and Chief Keef live at the Met Philadelphia
- ‘We’re Not Rich Over Here’ Family Pleads With Haitian Gang For Release Of U.S. Couple
- Latto Is Stunning In Rick Owens At 2023 iHeart Radio Awards
- E-40 “Bands,” Millyz “Over” & More | Daily Visuals 3.27.23
- Lollapalooza Brazil Replaces Drake With Skrillex After Rapper Cancels Last Minute
- TV Meteorologist Barbie Bassett Allegedly Fired After “Fo Shizzle, My Nizzle” Remarks
- Small Doses: Kandi Burruss Talks Side Effects Of Girl Group Dynamics
- Angie Ange Honored With Lifetime Achievement Award At WKYS 93.9’s Inaugural Women’s Empowerment Brunch
- Is This The Maddest March Ever?
- Watch: ‘The Kardashians’ Season 3 Returns With The Truth In Teaser Trailer
Tyler Perry May Purchase Majority Stake in BET From Paramount Global was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
Biggie Small's Killer Revealed, 24 Years Later
Nicki Minaj ft. Chris Brown - Right By My Side [New Music]
Brooke Bailey Before the Plastic Surgery
Chris Brown Caught SNIFFING 'Coke' Inside NightClub!!
Secrets OUT! Meet J.Cole's Wife; Melissa Heholt [Photos]
University Of Kentucky ‘Karen’ Pleads Not Guilty To Racist Attack On Black Student Despite Video Evidence
Lupita Nyongo’s Most Stunning Photos: Fans Say Lupita’s Got “That Thang” On Her
[CLICK HERE] Enter to WIN a pair of passes to see Creed III