Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- Top places to visit in Philly for Christmas: Christmas Village
- Jonathan Majors On Trial: Opening Statements Finally Set In Domestic Violence Case Against Movie Star
- Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
- Sha’Carri Richardson Honored At 2023 USATF Awards: ‘Everything Happens When It’s Supposed To Happen’
- Cardi B Just Walked For Balenciaga And We Can’t Get Her Blue Fur Out Of Our Heads
- DC Young Fly Opens Up About Grief After The Passing Of His Partner Ms. Jacky Oh
- Janelle Monae Celebrates Her Birthday In A $358 Red Hot Cult Gaia Swimsuit
- Rep. Lauren Boebert Shares Selfie With Dave Chappelle Featuring Transphobic Jab
- Recession Forthcoming? President Joe Biden Joins the Rickey Smiley Morning Show [LISTEN]
- Amazon To Offer $25 Domestic Flights For Prime Student Members
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture. For Real. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
NFL Football Baes: Meet Eagles WR Devonta Smith's Girlfriend, Mya Danielle!
Biggie Small's Killer Revealed, 26 Years Later
Brooke Bailey Before the Plastic Surgery
Nicki Minaj ft. Chris Brown - Right By My Side [New Music]
Meet Diddy's Baby Mom: Dana Tran, Alleged One Night Stand [Photos ]
Jason, Travis Kelce Duet on 'A Philly Special Christmas Special' to Release This Week
Eagles Fans Named Among Top 5 Most Loyal Fans in the NFL, According to Study
DeVonta Smith Prepares for Newborn Baby in Style! [PHOTOS]