Earlier this week author, playwright, former music exec for Arista Records and holistic Dr. LaJoyce Brookshsire called in to “Kels in the Afternoon” on World AIDS Day (December 1) to share the story of her brush with these disease.
A topic of discussion for Kels show: Would you stay with your significant other if you found out they had AIDS and knew all along without telling you? Dr. Brookshire did.
The doc explains why in her book and play, Faith Under Fire, where she talks about how she took care of her husband she found out had full-blown AIDS, was on the down-low, and didn’t reveal his status to her because he didn’t want to die alone.
Press play to hear Dr. Brookshire, who moved on from the shocking turn of events HIV negative, retell her story and offer safe sex tips up top!
- 7 HIV/AIDS Myths We Need To Stop Falling For
- Ex-Friend Threatens To Expose Gucci Mane’s Alleged Gay Secrets
- Watch Cam’ron Prove That He’s Still Not A Fan Of Jay Z [VIDEO]
Want news at your fingertips? Text “QCREW” to 24042 to join our text club!
The Latest Music, Celebrities and Interviews: Follow @‘92qjamsbmore’
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
A Tribute to Folks We Lost to AIDS
1. Franklyn Seales 1952-1990Source: 1 of 8
2. Jermaine Stewart 1957-1997Source: 2 of 8
3. Gia Carangi 1960-1986Source: 3 of 8
4. Sharon Redd 1945-1992Source: 4 of 8
5. Pedro Zamora 1972-1994Source: 5 of 8
6. Freddie Mercury 1946-1991Source: 6 of 8
7. Anthony Perkins 1932-1992Source: 7 of 8
8. Robert Reed 1932-1992Source: 8 of 8
Biggie Smalls Former Publicist Recalls Her Brush With AIDS, Shares Safe Sex Tips [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on 92q.com