Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Cardi B trademarks ‘Okurrr’
- Barack Obama Sends Congratulations Note to A Rod and J Lo
- ‘Selena’ Turns 22: Watch Jennifer Lopez Open Up About the Roles Challenges on the 1996 Set!
- Gayle King Signing a Big Deal to Stay at CBS News
- Sheena Roberson, CEO & Founder of Cannabis Noire
- Jordan Peeles’ US Is A Movie Worth Going To The Theaters For! Its Out Now
- Keeping It Too Real? Nene Wonders If Gregg’s Cancer Is ‘Karma’ For Cheating On Her
- Bishop Talbert Swan Says Pastor John Gray Is ‘Lying’ About His ‘Emotional Affair’
- Only In Florida: Viral Florida Man Challenge Builds On Years Of Sunshine State Absurdity
- Girl, Bye: Felicity Huffman’s Shame Is ‘Unfathomable’ After Trying To Get Her Mediocre Kid Into College