Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to the 16-count indictment against him Thursday in a Chicago courtroom, according to TMZ.
Last week, a grand jury indicted Smollett on 16 felony counts of lying to authorities about being the victim of a brutal racist and homophobic beating by two masked men in downtown Chicago back in January.
His next court date is scheduled for April 17 but according to TMZ, he will be allowed to travel to L.A. and NY for meetings with his lawyers.
- Former Sixer & New Temple Men’s Head Coach Aaron McKie
- Dionne Warwick Says Beyonce Is Not an Icon Yet
- Wendy Williams’ Son Arrested for Assault after Punching Dad, Kevin Hunter
- The Temperature of Your Office Affects Your Ability to Work
- Here Are Some Memorial Day Freebies and Deals
- Study Says Whole Foods Is Most Expensive Grocery Store
- L.A. Declares “John Singleton Day”
- Halle Berry Plants A Big Kiss On “The Chi” Creator Lena Waithe
- Rochelle Bilal Poised To Become First Woman Elected To City Sheriff In Philadelphia
- D.A. Wants Meek Mill To Have A New Trial, In Front Of A New Judge