Will Smith will produce Uptown Saturday Night via his Overbrook banner.
“Will Smith, who at one time was circling the project as a possible starring vehicle, is set to produce via his Overbrook banner”, according to Hollywood Reporter.
The original starred Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby as two friends who visit a high-end, underworld nightclub where they get robbed and have to go searching for a winning lottery ticket.
Black-ish creator Kenya Barris wrote the most recent draft of the movie.
Fresh off his massive hit Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which grossed over $960 million and is set for a sequal, Kevin Hart also has another comedy starring opposite Tiffany Haddish called Night School in the works as well.
Are you excited for this remake? Check out clips from the 1974 original below!
- Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Slashed
- Allen Iverson Shows Love To Stephen Curry!
- Kevin Hart Gets “Cold as Balls” With Ben Simmons
- Sources: A Grand Jury is Being Seated Due to New R. Kelly Sex Tape and Allegations
- End Of A Era: Payless To Close All 2,100 Stores In The United States
- Black History Month 2019: Whitney Houston
- Black-Owned Biscuit Brand Lands Distribution Deals With Walmart, Whole Foods, Other Retailers
- New Voices Fund Teams Up With MVMT50 To Empower Black Women Entrepreneurs
- Did Jussie Smollett Set Up His Own Attack?
- West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘An Ape In Heels’ Faces 30 Years In Prison For FEMA Fraud