Will Smith will produce Uptown Saturday Night via his Overbrook banner.
“Will Smith, who at one time was circling the project as a possible starring vehicle, is set to produce via his Overbrook banner”, according to Hollywood Reporter.
The original starred Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby as two friends who visit a high-end, underworld nightclub where they get robbed and have to go searching for a winning lottery ticket.
Black-ish creator Kenya Barris wrote the most recent draft of the movie.
Fresh off his massive hit Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which grossed over $960 million and is set for a sequal, Kevin Hart also has another comedy starring opposite Tiffany Haddish called Night School in the works as well.
Are you excited for this remake? Check out clips from the 1974 original below!
- Mary J. Blige Claps Back at Fan Who Yells at Her to “Shut the F*ck Up!”
- Arsenio Hall Officially Set To Reprise Role As ‘Semmi’ In ‘Coming To America 2’
- Actress Rain Pryor Vane, Daughter of Richard Pryor, to Run for Baltimore City Council
- Irv Gotti Gives Quincy Harris The Exclusive About The Fight At S.O.B’s
- Philly’s Own Tierra Whack Has A Song On The Lion King Soundtrack [AUDIO]
- Instagram Might Start Hiding Public Like Counts & They’re Already Testing It Out In 7 Countries
- C’mon Son: These Black Shows Were Cancelled Way Too Soon
- Meghan McCain Whines That She Can’t Attack llhan Omar Because Trump Is Too Racist
- Kirk Franklin Biopic In The Works
- Newborn Dies After Grandfather Gives Him Taste Of Alcohol At A Party