Will Smith will produce Uptown Saturday Night via his Overbrook banner.
“Will Smith, who at one time was circling the project as a possible starring vehicle, is set to produce via his Overbrook banner”, according to Hollywood Reporter.
The original starred Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby as two friends who visit a high-end, underworld nightclub where they get robbed and have to go searching for a winning lottery ticket.
Black-ish creator Kenya Barris wrote the most recent draft of the movie.
Fresh off his massive hit Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which grossed over $960 million and is set for a sequal, Kevin Hart also has another comedy starring opposite Tiffany Haddish called Night School in the works as well.
Are you excited for this remake? Check out clips from the 1974 original below!
- Sunken Place ‘Activists’ Are Whining That Detroit School May Remove Ben Carson’s Name
- Kanye West Donated Money To The Family Of Jemel Roberson
- The National Struggle For Effective Community Oversight Of Police Comes To Nashville
- Jill Scott Blesses The Mic & Takeoff’s Eyes Reflect Our Deepest Feelings: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- Listen To Black Women | Handling The Holidays With A New Boo
- We Imagine Trump Is PISSED A Judge Reinstated Acosta’s Credentials…Which Gives Us That #FridayFeeling
- Once Again, George Zimmerman Avoids Jail Time
- Andrew Gillum Lost Florida Election Because Of Racism, Democrats Say
- The Rewind: Mahershala Ali Motors Through Jim Crow’s America & Sade’s Got A New Track
- Private Consultant Releases New Kendrick Johnson Autopsy