Some people watch the Super Bowl for the actual game, while millions of caual viewers enjoy the game for betting, parties, commercial, and half time shows.
There are always the basic bets like who will win, who will be MVP etc, but did you know there are roughly 400 prop bets that can be gambled on during the big game!
While the Patriots are currently 4.5-point favorites with a total of 48, there are plenty of less traditional bets available on just about every part of the game imaginable, from total yardage of all touchdowns to which team will have the most first downs.
Tom Brady opened as the 4-5 favorite to win MVP, and Nick Folesis second at 3-1. Rob Gronkowski is next at 12-1, followed by Brandin Cooks (18-1) and Dion Lewis (20-1). Even the referees are part of the menu, as bettors can wager on total penalties for the Eagles (over/under: 6.5) and Patriots (5.5), as well as total penalty yardage.
There are also a variety of cross-sport proposition wagers that involve other games going on during or before Super Bowl LII, including the Winter Olympics.
A couple of fun ones include:
- You can bet on the total number of gold medals won by the USA in the 2018 Winter Olympics versus total first-quarter points by the Patriots and Eagles. Gold medals are minus-0.5.
- The Vegas Golden Knights’ total Stanley Cup Playoff wins (-0.5) versus Eagles and Patriots TDs.
- LeBron James’ points on Feb. 3 against the Rockets versus Foles’ total pass attempts (-6.5).
Philadelphia’s own Pink will be singing the National Anthem, and theses are the Best 8 prop bets surrounding the singer and national anthem via USA TODAY.
8. Who will be shown first on TV during the singing of the national anthem?
Tom Brady (-200)
Nick Foles (+150)
It’s a pretty safe bet that Brady will get more screen time than the Eagles’ backup QB, but this one is a toss-up.
7. Will Pink wear an Eagles shirt or hat while signing the national anthem?
Pink grew up in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, and attended Central Bucks High School West, which around 40 miles north of Lincoln Financial Field.
6. Will Pink say “Eagles” before or after she sings the national anthem?
5. Will Pink forget or omit a word from the national anthem?
4. How long will it take Pink to sing the national anthem?
Over two minutes (-150)
Under two minutes (+110)
The classic Super Bowl prop bet. I tried to find footage of Pink singing the national anthem anywhere to get a sense of how long her performance will be, but it seems like Super Bowl LII will be the first time she sings the Star-Spangled Banner on a major stage. According to Odds Shark, the last 12 anthem performances averaged 1 minute and 58 seconds.
3. What color will Pink’s hair be when she starts to sing the national anthem?
An investigation of our photo services show that Pink keeps her hair blonde the majority of the time, but she did briefly dye it pink last November.
2. Will Pink be airborne at any point during her singing the national anthem?
1. Will any scoring drive take less time than it takes Pink to sing the national anthem
Easily the most fascinating bet of the bunch, but the best bet is yes.
Who do you think will win the big game? Vote below!