26 reads Leave a comment
- Former first lady Michelle Obama says words matter, particularly in an age where Twitter and other social media can be used like a weapon.
- She addressed a summit of young leaders Wednesday hosted by the Obama Foundation. She says people shouldn’t “tweet every thought” because “first initial thoughts are not worthy of the light of day.”
- The comments drew laughter from the crowd as Obama added she wasn’t “talking about anybody in particular.”
- She says when people tweet, especially young people, they need to think it over, spell correctly and use good grammar.
- Former President Barack Obama gave the closing remarks later, saying he was inspired by what he heard from young leaders during the two-day event.
- Other major speakers included Prince Harry, Chicago rapper Common and “Hamilton” creator Lin-Manuel Miranda. Do you post your personal business on social media? If so, why?
Also On WRNB 100.3 Philly: