With the unpredictable world we live in – from untrustworthy politicians to violence affecting us daily, we are reminded more than ever “What the World Needs Now is Love”! So let’s join Love Now Media for 11 Days of spreading joy, smiles, wellness and equality – Kicking off on Wed July 5th.
Love Now Media, a non-profit social enterprise and a project of CultureTrust Philadelphia, with a mission to tell stories through media production and communications initiatives that focus on justice, wellness, and equity will celebrate their first anniversary with 11 Days of Love Stories: 11 Days. 11 Stories. All Love. – Wednesday, July 5, 2017- Saturday, July 15, 2017.
The week-long series of workshops and events will highlight stories and people who engage in acts of love for healing and change. Special events include the 11 Days of Love Kickoff Press Conference with Mayor Jim Kenny, interactive workshops hosted at 11 locations throughout the City of Philadelphia and an all ladies’ empowerment concert at World Cafe Live.
“The City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection is more than just our motto, it is our footprint. 11 Days of Love is an opportunity to promote Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and community gathering spaces, boost our neighborhood economy and continue to promote love as a shared city value,” said Mayor Kenney.
“As a Philadelphia native, filmmaker, and storyteller, I am dedicated to empowering people in our city with the power of honing their narratives. I hope that 11 Days of Love Stories inspires the ’City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection’ to experience love through art, gathering, and sharing stories. By defining love for ourselves, in our communities, and in our neighborhoods, we might be moved to act in love more and more each day,” said Jos Duncan, Love Now Media, Chief Storyteller.
For more information about 11 Days of Love visit lovenowmedia.com. @Lovenowmedia
TIMELINE AND DETAILS
11 Days. 11 Locations. All Love.
• Day 1 – Love + Men: TV Broadcast with Live Studio Audience. Hosted by Gregory Corbin, this “The View” style studio television broadcast features some of Philadelphia’s most impactful men talking hot topics in love, dating, male vulnerability, marriage, and society. Interactive audience games.
Wednesday, July 5th at 7pm, PhillyCAM located at 699 Ranstead.
Come dressed for your studio audience close up. Mingle with refreshments after the show.
• Day 2 – Love + Short Films: Documentary Web Series Revolutionary Love Stories + Love Shorts. Love Now Media will premiere all 6 episodes of the documentary web series Revolutionary Love Stories, followed by 3 short narrative films about love by other filmmakers, including Mike Dennis of ReelBlack.
Thursday, July 6th at 7pm, Scribe Video Center located at 4035 Walnut Street.
$PayWhatYouWish | $5 min
• Day 3 – Love + Justice: Wellness and Self Care for Social Justice Workers. Wellness tools, resources, and community solutions. Free chair massages, Love on Location Storytelling, free 15-minute therapy sessions. Live T-Shirt printing, dance, mix, mingle, swap resources, or just chill.
Friday, July 7th at 6pm, Philadelphia Printworks located at 845 S. 55th Street.
• Day 4 – Love + Time Travel: Time Travel Workshop, Love On Location Video, Games, & ActivitiesSpark future memories with at Time Travel Workshop led by Rasheedah Phillips of Community Futures Lab. Blast to the past with games, activities, and love stories.
Saturday, July 8th at 2pm, Sturgis Community Center located at 220 W. 65th Ave.
• Day 5 – Love + Body: Love Themed YogaTree with Helanah + Afrofusion with Sanchel Brown. This workshop is part poetry, part yoga to guide participants in reconnecting with themselves and their higher purpose. Afrofusion at 3:30pm – A rhythmic dance workshop focused on divine self-love.
Sunday, July 9th at 2pm + 3:30pm, Sound Space Philadelphia, 2511 W. Girard Ave. Yogetree at 2pm
• Day 6 – Love + Ladies + Power: All Ladies Concert + Open Mic Jam Session. Celebrating Women’s Empowerment. Hosted by: Sincerely Syreeta, Featuring: Robyn Hood and Erika Hicks, with: DJ Leesh Boogz & Performances by: Nikki Powerhouse, Jani Coral, Briana DeVoue, JaE the Artist, Sanchel Brown plus open mic jam session.
Monday, July 10th at 7pm, World Cafe Live, 3025 Walnut Street
$10 in advance | $12 at the door
• Day 7 – Love + Beauty + Barbering: with Guest Raelia Lewis of America’s Next Top Model. Beauticians, Barbers and attendees share stories about self love and looking good. Hair and beauty demonstrations and barbering tricks. Product giveaways. Refreshments. Guest Speaker, America’s Top Model Finalist, and North Philadelphia Native, Raelia Lewis.
Tuesday, July 11th 4pm-6pm, Beckett Life Center, 1400 N. 16th Street
$PayWhatYouWish | $5min
• Day 8 – Love + Art: Emily Carris Leads A Love and Art Quilting Project. Art making with collaged paper with inspiration from objects, images, and outfits spark memories about the time you felt most loved. Bring your own object or choose something from the Art Dept.
Wednesday, July 12th at 6pm, The Art Dept, 1638 E. Berks Street.
• Day 9 – Love Stories + Acoustics: with Storyteller Jos Duncan and Musician Lloyd Alexander. With inspiration from the West African Griot-style of storytelling, Jos Duncan shares an interactive, music driven, epic tale of Love. Musician Lloyd Alexander provides the acoustics for this mini-concert.
Thursday, July 13th at 8pm, Here’s 2 Cool Stuff, 1213 South Street.
$10 advance | $12 at the door
• Day 10 – Love + Jazz: Avenue Featuring V. Shayne Frederick, Khalil Munir, & Taylor Samuels + Open mic. An evening of love themed stories, music & song with V. Shayne Frederick, storyteller and tap dancer Khalil Munir, and vocalist Ms. Taylor Samuels. BYOB.
Friday, July 14th at 7pm-9pm, Amari’s Restaurant located at 5037 Baltimore Ave.
$5 in advance | $10 at the door
• Day 11 – Love + Finale Event: Surprise location TBA at July 5th Press Conference.
Saturday, July 15th.
The biggest love themed event ever in Philadelphia!
By Tiffanie Stanard: Host/Producer @Philly_Speaks