The Irving Police Department in Texas is searching for at least one alleged shooter who killed a popular Dallas high school football player just hours after he graduated, Fox 4 reported.
LeDajrick Cox, 18, was an athlete at Carter High School in Dallas who was also named prom king, most popular, best looking and best all around at his school. Cox and his friends were out celebrating their graduation early Sunday morning when he was fatally shot.
According to the police, three men in a vehicle were cat-calling a young woman in Cox’s group as she walked out of a 7-Eleven. The guys came to her defense and began arguing with the men. Cox stepped in to calm the situation.
He and his friends got back into their vehicle and drove away, but the three men pursued them. The men pulled up next to the teens and at least one of the men opened fire. A bullet struck Cox in the head, and he died hours later at Parkland Hospital. Two of Cox’s friends were also shot but survived the attack.
SOURCE: Fox 4
Every Time President Obama Has Addressed A Mass Shooting In His Presidency
1. Fort Hood Shooting - November 5, 2009Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Tucson Shooting - January 8, 2011Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. Aurora Shooting - July 20, 2012Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Sikh Temple Shooting - August 5, 2012Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Sandy Hook Shooting - December 14, 2012Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Navy Yard Shooting - September 16, 2013Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Second Fort Hood Shooting - April 2, 2014Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Kansas Jewish Community Shooting - April 13, 2014Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Charleston Emanuel AME Shooting - June 17, 2015Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Chattanooga Recruiting Center Shooting - July 16, 2015Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Umpqua Community College Shooting - October 1, 2015Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. San Bernardino - December 2, 2015Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Orlando Pulse Shooting - June 12, 2016Source:Getty 13 of 13
Dallas High School Football Player Fatally Shot Hours After Graduation was originally published on newsone.com