New York City police are considering whether to file stalking or harassment charges against Jair Nilton Cardoso who has allegedly been following former first daughter Malia Obama, recently showing up at the office where she interns, the New York Daily News reports.
From The Daily News:
Secret Service agents detained a Brooklyn man who slithered into a Tribeca building where former President Obama’s daughter Malia interns — and begged the 18-year-old to marry him.
Jair Nilton Cardoso showed up on the fourth floor of the building on April 10, held up a sign in an office window and loudly begged for her hand in marriage, sources said.
The agents recognized Cardoso as a man who had repeatedly tried to get into the White House in the past, sources said. They told him to leave the Tribeca building and to leave her alone, sources said.
Clearly he didn’t get the message.
Two days later Cardoso, 30, followed Malia out of a building in the West Village where she also interns, sources said.
The Daily News reported that secret service agents interviewed Cardoso at his Brooklyn home on April 13 and determined that he’s mentally ill. They took him for a hospital evaluation before reporting him on April 18 to a Manhattan police precinct.
Police officials told the newspaper that Cardoso has no prior criminal record in the city but declined to share anymore information.
SOURCE: New York Daily News
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Apparently Deranged Stalker Begs Malia Obama To Marry Him was originally published on newsone.com