Rotimi is making his mark on music, TV and film, with recent credits that include Divergent, Black Nativity, and most notably, his role of “Dre” in the hit show Power.
He is also signed to G-Unit Records and had a hit single last year titled, “Lotto.”
At 26 years old, his rise has been quicker than most, but he hasn’t done it alone. Rotimi recently sat down with Jet magazine to talk about one of his most generous mentors, none other than Power producer and iconic rapper, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
“He taught me that work ethic is what separates you from the bunch,” Rotimi said. “I’ve gotten to the point where the hardest thing for me to do is stop working and take a break. He’s a workaholic and moves very strategically and is very passionate about what he believes in. It was an honor for him to take me under his wing.”
With 50 on his side, Rotimi’s rise to the forefront of entertainment seems inevitable. Find out what the multi-hyphenate is all about by watching Global Grind’s The Formula, above.
SOURCE: JET Magazine | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The Science Of Rotimi's Hustle
1. FAMILYSource:Chevy/Global Grind 1 of 13
2. FAMILYSource:Chevy/Global Grind 2 of 13
3. BELIEFSource:Chevy/Global Grind 3 of 13
4. BELIEFSource:Chevy/Global Grind 4 of 13
5. GRITSource:Chevy/Global Grind 5 of 13
6. GRITSource:Chevy/Global Grind 6 of 13
7. CRAFTSource:Chevy/Global Grind 7 of 13
8. CRAFTSource:Chevy/Global Grind 8 of 13
9. BALANCESource:Chevy/Global Grind 9 of 13
10. BALANCESource:Chevy/Global Grind 10 of 13
11. BALANCESource:Chevy/Global Grind 11 of 13
12. The Science Of Rotimi's HustleSource:Chevy/Global Grind 12 of 13
13. The Science Of Rotimi's HustleSource:Chevy/Global Grind 13 of 13
‘POWER’ Star Rotimi On The Most Important Lesson He Learned From 50 Cent was originally published on globalgrind.com