Misty Copeland is now a married woman.
The barrier-breaking ballerina tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend, Olu Evans, this weekend at the Montage Hotel in Laguna Beach, California.
According to E!, it was a “small and intimate wedding” with 100 guests. The beautiful bride wore an Inbal Dror gown and Louboutin shoes. They reportedly said their “I dos” in the midst of pink hydrangeas and white roses.
Misty opened up about her wedding plans in Vanity Fair last October:
“I’d like to show my figure, somewhat — romantic and elegant. I don’t think I want to go super poofy or anything like that,” she said. “It’s very different for a performer, a ballerina, someone who is on stage a lot and wears big costumes. So it’s not like this is my chance to be that way, because that’s something I do every day, almost. I want to feel like myself — but more beautiful than I do every day.”
Misty Copeland's Historic Performance In 'Swan Lake' Is Even Better In Photos
1. Misty Copeland Soars In "Swan Lake"Source:Gene Schiavone 1 of 8
2. Misty Copeland Takes A Bow At Curtain CallSource:Gene Schiavone 2 of 8
3. Misty Accepts The Immense Responsibility Of Her Role In BalletSource:Gene Schiavone 3 of 8
4. Misty Copeland and James WhitesideSource:Gene Schiavone 4 of 8
5. Misty's Pointe Is Perfect!Source:Gene Schiavone 5 of 8
6. Misty Fights Back Tears At The End Of The ShowSource:Gene Schiavone 6 of 8
7. Ever So Graceful and ThankfulSource:Gene Schiavone 7 of 8
8. She Soars!Source:Gene Schiavone 8 of 8
CONGRATS! Misty Copeland Weds Longtime Boyfriend In Elegant Wedding was originally published on hellobeautiful.com