You may know Nicole Ari Parker as the glamorous actress from some of your favorite films, but don’t let her fabulous Hollywood lifestyle fool you.
Nicole has plenty to say about the importance of Black people celebrating ourselves and our achievements at African American events like the Image Awards.
Check out Nicole’s fierce commentary in the video above.
MUST READ: ‘Bye Felicia’: Celebs Give Us Their Favorite Movie Lines At The 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
No Oscars Required: Black Hollywood Swarms NAACP Image Awards Red Carpet To Celebrate A Year In Creative Excellence [VIDEO]
47th Annual NAACP Image Awards Winners List
RED CARPET RECAP: The 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
18 photos Launch gallery
1. Tracee Ellis Ross has arrived.
1 of 18
2. Laura Govan hits the red carpet.
2 of 18
3. Suited up! Benzino’s in the building.
3 of 18
4. Quantico star Aujanue Ellis has a MESSAGE.
4 of 18
5. Claudia Jordan in head-to-toe black.
5 of 18
6. The lady in red: reality star Jennifer Williams.
6 of 18
7. Tocarra stuns in fuschia.
7 of 18
8. Naturi Naughton serves old Hollywod-glam.
8 of 18
9. Sanaa Lathan can do no wrong.
9 of 18
10. “Empire” star Jussie Smollett looking dapper!
10 of 18
11. Like father, like son.
11 of 18
12. Keke Palmer is all smiles!
12 of 18
13. How beautiful does Jada-Pinkett smooth look?
13 of 18
14. SLAY, Laverne Cox.
14 of 18
15. Chrissy Teigen continues to embrace her baby bump!
15 of 18
16. John Legend accompanies Chrissy on the red carpet.
16 of 18
17. Hey, Gabi!
17 of 18
18. “Concussion” star Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
18 of 18