Martin Luther King III talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about his father’s life, legacy and his athletic skills that could rival Stephen Curry’s?
“Most people think it’s a holiday. It’s really are serious issues that are communities are facing. There are no reasons for symbolic marches because our young men are getting killed.”
What would Dr. King say about Donald Trump?
“He wold say that everyone has a right to foster a position. I believe he’d be disappointing in the stirring of the pot to divide people. He used to say we have to learn how to disagree without being disagreeable.”
Where would Dr. King say we are today?
“I think number one had he lived, wed be in a different place as a nation. He had a unique way of bringing American’s together. When you look at racism, poverty and violence…somehow as a society we still haven’t learned that message.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
We Remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
1. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.Source:AP 1 of 14
2. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.Source:AP 2 of 14
3. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.3 of 14
4. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.Source:AP 4 of 14
5. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.Source:AP 5 of 14
6. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., 1963Source:AP 6 of 14
7. Rev. Bernice KingSource:AP 7 of 14
8. "I Have a Dream", 1963Source:AP 8 of 14
9. MLK Portrait, 2002Source:AP 9 of 14
10. Martin Luther King IIISource:AP 10 of 14
11. Martin Luther King III at MLK MemorialSource:AP 11 of 14
12. Funeral of Coretta Scott King, 2006Source:AP 12 of 14
13. Rev. Bernice KingSource:AP 13 of 14
14. King Family, 1966Source:AP 14 of 14
(Photo Source: Courtesy)