After months of rumors and speculation, Marvel confirms that Ryan Coogler will be directing the new Black Panther movie.
Marvel.com confirmed on Monday the Creed director will direct the new superhero film starring Chadwick Boseman as the Black Panther.
Boseman, who is well-known for his roles in 42 and Get On Up, will debut the Black Panther character in the latest Captain America: Civil War set to hit theaters May 6.
The new Black Panther film has a premiere date of Feb 16, 2018.
In an earlier statement, Marvel producer Kevin Feige said of Ryan, “We are fortunate to have such an esteemed filmmaker join the Marvel family. Many fans have waited a long time to see Black Panther in his own film, and with Ryan we know we’ve found the perfect director to bring T’Challa’s story to life.”
Ryan, who not only directed Creed, but also wrote the spinoff to the original Apollo movie, is also rumored to be in the works of creating a second installment to critically-acclaimed film.
It has not been confirmed if Creed 2 is in the works, but reports are circulating that it may hit theaters in 2017.
SOURCE: USA TODAY | PHOTO SOURCE: Getty
16 Sexy Photos Of Best Buds Ryan Coogler & Michael B. Jordan
1. That's a fine man.Source:Splash News 1 of 13
2. Natural-born ladies' men.Source:Splash News 2 of 13
3. Chocolate brown skin with the dimples.Source:Splash News 3 of 13
4. And they look good serious too.Source:Splash News 4 of 13
5. Mr. Coogler will see you now.Source:Splash News 5 of 13
6. They don't make 'em like this anymore.Source:Splash News 6 of 13
7. Are we dreaming?Source:Splash News 7 of 13
8. We've got to be dreaming.Source:Splash News 8 of 13
9. Anything for you, Michael.Source:Splash News 9 of 13
10. #BeardGang.Source:Splash News 10 of 13
11. We're lost in his eyes.Source:Splash News 11 of 13
12. God bless America.Source:Splash News 12 of 13
13. Pure hunkiness.Source:Getty 13 of 13
Ryan Coogler Will Direct New ‘Black Panther’ Movie, ‘Creed’ Sequel Coming In 2017 was originally published on globalgrind.com