Earlier today, news broke that Bill Cosby‘s past misdeeds may finally lead to some legal repercussions.
An arrest warrant has been issued against the entertainer for allegedly drugging and sexually assaulting former Temple employee Andrea Constand at his Pennsylvania mansion back in January of 2004. TMZ has since reached out to several of Cosby’s other accusers for comments.
Via her attorney, Andrea Constand said:
“On behalf of our client, Andrea Constand we wish to express our appreciation to the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, the County Detectives and the Cheltenham Police Department for the consideration and courtesy they have shown Andrea during this difficult time.
We have the utmost confidence in Mr. Steele, Ms. Feden and their team, who have impressed us with their professionalism. In that this matter is now being pursued in the criminal justice system, we will not comment further.”
Sarita Butterfield, whose alleged assault occurred on Christmas Eve in 1974 when Cosby tried to fondle and kiss her while his wife and kids were home, released a statement:
“I believe that now people are now seeing him for what he really is. If I could tell his wife something, I would tell her, ‘Shame on you for being an accessory to his criminal act.’ She should be charged also as an accomplice.”
Sammy Mays, a writer who claimed Cosby drugged and assaulted her after their meeting at a conference in the mid-’80s, almost thought this day would never come.
“I nearly lost faith this day might never happen. I am looking forward to seeing my rapist in an episode of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ and myself in a cameo visiting the bastard — driving to the prison, jamming to some upbeat tunes, deciding what it is that I will say. Prisoners have little time to visit you know?”
“I know (it’s a woman’s prison), I don’t give damn. Any prison is good enough as long as I see him behind bars. Please don’t let him die without being convicted because it will save his reputation,” she continued.
SOURCE: TMZ | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
13 Celebrity Men Who've Been Accused Of Heinous Crimes But Are Still Idolized
1. Bill Cosby: Since 2005, over a dozen women have alleged that Bill Cosby drugged and then sexually assaulted them. With the allegations getting media attention again, the first supermodel ever, Janice Dickinson, has also come forward to reveal the "Cosby Show" actor raped her in 1982.1 of 9
2. Michael Jackson: Throughout his career, the King of Pop was accused of molesting young boys several times. After he died, it was discovered that Michael spent over $35 million covering up the alleged molestation of 24 boys.2 of 9
3. Martin Lawrence: Leading man in one of the best comedy series ever, Martin's co-star Tisha Campbell left the show "Martin" in 1997, citing sexual harassment, sexual battery, verbal abuse, and threats from Martin. To make matters worse, Tisha recently revealed she was a victim of rape at just 3-years-old.3 of 9
4. Terry Richardson: The man on the other side of the lens has been labeled a sexual predator by more than a few women. Multiple models have claimed Richardson requested sexual favors during shoots, and the heinous accusations stretch all the way back to 2005.4 of 9
5. Woody Allen: The famed director reportedly sexually abused his 7-year-old adopted daughter Dylan Farrow. Allen refused to take a polygraph test administered by state police, and the young girl's claims were found to be consistent with the testimony of three adults who were around the same day the abuse happened.5 of 9
6. James Brown: James Brown has not only been arrested for armed robbery, in the early 2000s he was sued by a woman who claimed it was Brown's fault she suffered from Graves' disease, as he allegedly raped her at gunpoint in 1988.6 of 9
7. Kobe Bryant: The LA Laker was the center of a lot of negative attention in 2003, when a 19-year-old hotel employee accused the basketball player of raping her. Though Kobe admitted to having sex with her - and remember, he was married at the time - he denies it was rape.7 of 9
8. Sean Penn: The famed actor is not only known for his ability to meaningfully portray a character, he's also known for tying up ex-wife Madonna and beating her bloody. She escaped when she told her husband of the time she had to use the bathroom.8 of 9
9. Marv Albert: In 1997, the beloved Sportscaster plead guilty to sexual assault and battery of a longtime lover, who claimed that he repeatedly bit her and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She claimed she was only able to escape after ripping his toupee off of his head.9 of 9
Accusers React To Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Charges was originally published on globalgrind.com