Can you believe the holiday season is upon us? Ready or not it’s time to begin planning holiday gatherings, meals, travel and gifts. I’m not a lover of winter, even though I was born in one of the coldest months of the year (February), I am, however, a lover of winter holidays. I love the meals, gatherings and festivities of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. I am also a super huge fan of the seasonal beverages associated with this time of year. Here are my top 5 holiday beverages:
- Egg Nog– Now, I am one of the many people in this world stricken with lactose intolerance but that does not stop me from enjoying a class, or two, of some super thick, good old-fashioned Egg Nog. This is the one drink I would not ever consider having at any time other than Thanksgiving and Christmas, thank God because I would have to buy stock in Gas X. I’m such a fan of Egg Nog that I love this flavor in Ice Cream and Lattes from popular coffee shops.
- Hot Chocolate– Christmas Eve present wrapping is not complete without Merry Christmas Charlie Brown on your TV and Hot Chocolate in your cup. I love stirring my hot chocolate with a candy can to give it an extra minty kick. This is one of my must haves during the winter holidays.
- Warm Cider– Here’s a beverage that’s carried over from late fall into winter. I start enjoying warm cider around Halloween but it’s a wonderful beverage to drink just before your Thanksgiving dinner. Ah.
- Champagne– Now, I’m not much of a drinker but a nice glass of champagne to ring in the New Year or toast Christmas dinner sounds alright to me.
- Salted Caramel Moca Latte– Now I just added this beverage to my list this year. This is my favorite drink to order from my favorite chain coffee shop and it warms my spirit every morning on my way to work. I couldn’t imagine not having this beverage during the holiday season, it’s just that good!
So, tell me, what are your favorite holiday beverages? Please post your comments below…