Sen. Anthony H. Williams’ free forum, “The Great Marijuana Debate,” will unfold before what is expected to be a standing-room-only crowd. The June 14 forum will begin with registration at 9:30 a.m. on that Saturday in the Fitts Auditorium at the University of Pennsylvania. The event will run from 10 a.m. until noon.
The following officials from business, education, government, religion, and medicine are scheduled to participate in the forum, including:
• Derek Rosenzweig, Philly NORML and co-founder of Pennsylvanians for Medical Marijuana
• Yesha Ministries Bishop J. Darrell Robinson
• George Forsythe, former Maryland State Policeman and a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, or LEAP
• Philadelphia City Councilman Jim Kenney
• Dr. Jahan Marcu, Americans for Safe Access Multidisciplinary Scientific Advisory Board and the 2012 “Cannabis Researcher of the Year”
• Curtis Douglas, Esq., Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office
• Capt. Thomas Davidson, Philly Police Department’s Narcotics Field Unit
• Rachelle Yeung, Esq., Marijuana Policy Project
While a free event, tickets will be required for admission. RSVP requests can be made at 215-492-2980.
Media coverage is encouraged.
WHO: Sen. Anthony H. Williams, advocates and opponents of marijuana legalization
WHEN: Saturday, June 14th at 9:30 a.m. (registration), 10 – 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: Fitts Auditorium, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 3501 Sansom St., Philadelphia