0 reads
Leave a comment

Charlie Sheen talks with ABC News’ Andrea Canning on a special one-hour edition of “20/20” that aired last night

Canning questions Sheen on his controversial remarks and his public feud with the CBS comedy’s creator, Chuck Lorre, which resulted in the hit show’s suspension, as well as his notorious headline-making actions.

Portions of the interview will air on “Good Morning America” on Monday and Tuesday, and throughout ABC News platforms.

“Two and a Half Men” had been on hiatus since January after Sheen entered rehab. CBS announced Thursday night that it had canceled the rest of the season after the actor’s scathing rant against Lorre on the radio program “Alex Jones Show.”

In that interview, Sheen said of Lorre that he must have embarrassed him “in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his un-evolved mind cannot process.”

He went on to call Lorre a “turd” and a “clown,” and he sparked accusations of anti-Semitism after pointedly referring to Lorre’s birth name, Chaim Levine.

The actor has denied the claims of anti-Semitism.

“I was referring to Chuck by his real name, because I wanted to address the man, not the [expletive] TV persona,” Sheen told the celebrity Web site TMZ.

“So you’re telling me, anytime someone calls me Carlos Estevez, I can claim they are anti-Latino?” Sheen asked ABC’s Canning, referring to his own birth name.

Charlie Sheen talks to ABC News’ Andrea Canning.

Sheen told Canning he is 100 percent clean and plans to show up for work despite CBS’s pulling the plug on this season’s production of “Two and a Half Men.”

Also On WRNB 100.3 Philly:
comments – Add Yours